ABOUT INSTITUT MINES-TELECOM BUSINESS SCHOOL
Institut Mines-Telecom Business School is a public business school, following the French Grandes Ecoles tradition, and is part of IMT (Mines-Telecom Institute)—the primary French technology institute dedicated to higher education, research, and innovation in engineering and management. Established in 1979, the School is under the purview of the Ministry of Economy and is renowned for its proficiency in management, innovation, entrepreneurship, ethics, and information and communication technologies.
Situated on the same campus with the engineering school, Telecom SudParis, the School fosters a unique synergy in France. Additionally, it houses an on-campus business incubator for young, innovative companies. The institution is committed to cultivating future managers and entrepreneurs who are responsible, innovative, globally aware, and equipped to navigate their organizations through the significant transitions of tomorrow's society.
Routinely ranking among the top 10 management schools in France for post-graduation salary levels, Institut Mines-Telecom Business School offers a comprehensive program range, spanning from undergraduate to doctorate, all in line with international standards. The School holds accreditation from AACSB and AMBA, with courses delivered in both French and English. Furthermore, for those seeking to learn or enhance their proficiency in French, the School provides courses in French as a foreign language.
More information on Institut Mines-Telecom Business School can be found at https://www.imt-bs.eu/ .
Within the framework of the values, mission and strategy of the school:
1.1 Design and transmission of teaching
- Participate in the analysis of the school's training needs
- Contribute to training through both theoretical and experimental lessons relevant to his discipline
- Design and provide courses and other teaching activities in data analytics and artificial Intelligence in English or French (with the objective of both languages within 3 years), in initial and continuous training
- Ensure the definition of "learning objectives" and "learning goals" and the implementation of Assurances of Learning (AOL) according to the principles defined by the AACSB and integrate student evaluations and feedback
- Contribute to the development of pedagogy, in particular methods and tools
- Designing and supervising projects, monitoring and advising students on internships in companies, participating in project and internship defense juries
1.2 Coordination of teaching
- Analyze needs in coordination with the Training and Pedagogy Direction and design programs to meet them
- Coordinate initial training courses (courses, modules, program), continuing education (courses, internships, seminars, study days, etc.), a final year or apprenticeship program, a Specialized Master's /Master of Science
- Participate with the domain coordinators to:
- Guarantee teaching and training consistency (courses - modules - programs).
- The evolution of courses and propose modifications or creations of teaching modules, majors or programs.
- Enrich and renew the offer of continuing education courses, offering and providing them.
- Set up and coordinate the appropriate team of teachers, ensuring that the school's strategy is respected in line with its accreditations.
- Participate in the recruitment of temporary staff, as part of the policy of changing the qualifications of the teaching staff of Institut Mines-Télécom Business School
- Design and produce course materials and educational tools for the subjects taught
2.1 Production and animation
- Conduct personal research and participate in collaborative research in digital transformation /management of information systems, in accordance with the Smart BIS research team topics within the LITEM laboratory (EA 7363), common with the University of Evry Paris Saclay, (axis 1: " Digital, praxis and responsibility" and axis 2: "Innovation, markets and organizations") - https://www.litem.univ-evry.fr/en/research/axes.html
- Publish research articles referenced by IMT-BS (rank A, B or C) and intellectual contributions (chapter of collective research book, selective conference, research summary book, edition of research book, etc.) - https://smart2.wp.imt.fr/files/2023/10/Smart-BIS_journal_ranking-2023.pdf
- Participate in the organization of national or international conferences
- Organize sessions/workshop in a selective conference
- Participate in the co-supervision of thesis
- Participate in the reception of international Visitings Scholars, and realize Visitings abroad
- Participate in internal projects related to research
- Propose research papers or research notes
- Follow the scientific policy of the Institut Mines-Telecom and the school in its field of competences and participate in the definition of the scientific orientations of the school
- Set up and participate in projects involving external partners of the Institut Mines-Télécom, the academic or business worlds, in particular within the framework of projects structuring the Institut Mines-Télécom or national or European projects
- Find and carry out partnership research contracts, in particular of the ANR or European type
- Participate in existing research projects and propose research activities in emerging disciplines
2.2 Promotion and influence
- Participate in research or expertise actions within partnerships frameworks (industrial, academic, institutional)
- Negotiate, develop and manage contracts, programs and research projects
- Contribute to the establishment and strengthening of scientific collaborations with the world of industry and research, in France and abroad
- Contribute to the academic promotion of the school through the promotion of its research activities at national and international level, including for the media and the public
3. Contribute to the life of the school, and to the deployment of its strategic plan and the development of its notoriety
- Participate in student recruitments
- Participate in major events in the life of the school (faculty day, academic day, commencement ceremony, etc.)
- Contribute to internal working groups and projects related to the deployment of the school's strategy
- Participate in relations with the school's stakeholders: companies, Alumni, local authorities, IMT and its schools, partners of the school campus in Evry-Courcouronnes (France)
- Contribute to the deployment of the international strategy
Level of training and / or experience required:
- PhD in information systems or related fields
- Significant teaching and research experience in an academic or industrial laboratory for associate professors
- Working Papers with high potential or significant and recent publications in journals classified in management sciences at the national level (lists of HCERES and FNEGE) and international (list of ABS – Chartered Association of Business Schools, AIS basket of journals), with at least 3 in the last 3 years or PhD defended in the last 3 years
Essential skills, knowledge and experience:
- Teaching experience in higher education
- Fluent in written and spoken French and/or English, writing articles and teaching in English
- undertaking impactful research on emerging sociotechnical phenomena concerning digital transformation within organisations and society, with a clear attention to CSR impact of technologies
- Candidates working in all areas of Information Systems are encouraged to apply, but preference will be given to those who can teach data analytics and management, artificial Intelligence and emerging digital technologies – taking into account the CSR impact of them. We offer a competitive salary, research support and a reduced teaching load for the first three years for assistant profiles.
- Open to methodological diversity with an interest to explore emerging qualitative and quantitative research methods
- Good integration within the research community in France and/or abroad
- Knowledge of emerging information systems phenomena tackled at national/international levels
- Ability to integrate the challenges of sustainable development, CSR and ethics into teaching and research activities
Complementary skills, knowledge and experience:
- International teaching or research experience
- Knowledge/expertise in data analytics, artificial intelligence and/or data governance
- Experience or an interest in leading and/or participating in innovative educational projects (multimedia cases, Serious Games, MOOCs, etc.)
Abilities and skills:
- Ability to work in a team
- Motivation to participate in the assembly of responses to calls for projects and R&D proposals
- Ability to work in "project mode" and to build and manage projects
- Cultural intelligence
- Leadership capability and emotional intelligence
- Loyalty and solidarity
- Rigor, responsiveness and spirit of initiative