ABOUT TELECOM SUDPARIS
Telecom SudParis is a public graduate school for engineering, which has been recognized on the highest level in the domain of digital technology. The quality of its courses is founded on the scientific excellence of its faculty and on teaching techniques that emphasize project management, innovation and intercultural understanding. Telecom SudParis is part of the Institut Mines-Telecom, the number one group of engineering schools in France, under the supervision of the Minister for Industry. Telecom SudParis with Ecole Polytechnique, ENSTA Paris, ENSAE Paris and Telecom Paris are co-founders of the Institut Polytechnique de Paris, an institute of Science and Technology with an international vocation.
Its assets include: a personalized course, varied opportunities, the no.3 incubator in France, an ICT research center, an international campus shared with Institut Mines-Telecom Business School and over 60 student societies and clubs. https://www.telecom-sudparis.eu/
The postdoc will contribute to ongoing research into a promising industrial approach called SimpleRAN, an open initiative that is expected to significantly simplify the deployment of carrier-grade 4G/5G networks based on transparent standards for virtual radio access networks (vRAN ). The post-doctoral student will carry out research and development actions and carry out the different stages and milestones of the project.
In the context of this research, different network architectures will be studied, such as centralized and distributed routing approaches, studying the infrastructure-free network approach. Versions 16 to 18 of 3GPP 5G constitute an important contribution to capture the necessary functionalities which will be implemented and tested in the context of this project. The post doc will work in particular on the part of the project in charge of the distribution of routing and network functions of the RAN and Core part of the SimpleRAN approach.
This position offers:
• A high-level and exciting international research environment in a renowned institution
• Be part of an international project team with contacts around the world
• In-depth scientific training on deep learning and its application to fluid mechanics
• The opportunity to participate in local and international workshops and conferences
The postdoc will have to carry out the following actions:
- Contribute to the development of technical solutions with proof of concept both on the distributed management approach of the virtualized network and on the management of the interoperability of the exchange of telecom data and their automatic processing.
- Participate in supervising interns and doctoral students as part of the project and help carry out tests and validation.
- Participate in the drafting of project deliverables.
- Participate in the publication of results and their valorization.
Level of training and/or experience required:
- Doctorate or PhD for less than 3 years doctorate in computer science, electrical engineering.
Essential skills, knowledge and experience:
- Management of 5G virtualized networks
- Strong programming skills, preferably in C, C++, Python
- Strong knowledge in network functionalities in particular routing, addressing and network domains management
- PoC and testbed
- Has distinguished himself through publications in international peer-reviewed journals and/or presentations at renowned international conferences
Desirable skills, knowledge and experience:
- Machine learning and artificial intelligence is a plus
- Linux kernel programming is a plus
- 5G Network Management
- Software development in addition to theoretical knowledge
Abilities and skills:
- Team work