ABOUT TELECOM SUDPARIS
Telecom SudParis is a public graduate school for engineering, which has been recognized on the highest level in the domain of digital technology. The quality of its courses is founded on the scientific excellence of its faculty and on teaching techniques that emphasize project management, innovation and intercultural understanding. Telecom SudParis is part of the Institut Mines-Telecom, the number one group of engineering schools in France, under the supervision of the Minister for Industry. Telecom SudParis with Ecole Polytechnique, ENSTA Paris, ENSAE Paris and Telecom Paris are co-founders of the Institut Polytechnique de Paris, an institute of Science and Technology with an international vocation.
Its assets include: a personalized course, varied opportunities, the no.3 incubator in France, an ICT research center, an international campus shared with Institut Mines-Telecom Business School and over 60 student societies and clubs.
Télécom SudParis is offering a postdoctoral researcher position to highly motivated and dynamic young scientists who wish to enhance their scientific career in a stimulating environment
Among physical implementations of ANN, photonic ANNs are very promising thanks to their intrinsic fast working speed, natural potential for parallelization using wavelength division multiplexing (WDM) techniques, and wide range of available nonlinearities.
The candidate will carry out his/her activities in the framework of funded ANR project dedicated to the development of an optical Reservoir Computer (RC), a particular type of ANN which can easily be implemented in optical cavities.
He/She will contribute to the development of specific test benches and the performances evaluation of optical RC using different benchmarks (for instance spoken digit classification, nonlinear channel equalization, chaotic time series forecast etc). A specific work will focus on the power consumption of ANN based computer.
He/She will collaborate with the academic and industrial partners of the project and the work will be carried out within the Optics and Photonics Group of the department, whose activities are also related to the fields of information transport, sensors and data processing.
LEVEL OF TRAINING AND/OR EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- PhD or Doctorat for less than 3 years
ESSENTIAL SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
- Strong background in optics/optoelectronic
- Skills in optoelectronic device characterizations
- R&D project management
- Proficiency in English and french languages
- A first experience in photonic devices with strong fundamentals in optics and physics, and ideally a background on physical implementations of ANN
ABILITIES AND SKILLS:
- Human qualities
- Ability to carry out activities with autonomy
- Ability to work in teams
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION AND APPLICATION:
- Application deadline: August 15, 2022
- Nature of the contract: CDD / limited contract 12 months
- Job category and profession: II - P, Post-doctoral fellow
- The positions offered for recruitment are open to all with, on request, accommodations for candidates with disabilities
- Localisation: Palaiseau (91) FRANCE