IMT Atlantique, internationally recognised for the quality of its research, is a leading general engineering school under the aegis of the Ministry of Industry and Digital Technology, ranked in the three main international rankings (THE, SHANGHAI, QS).
Located on three campuses, Brest, Nantes and Rennes, IMT Atlantique aims to combine digital technology and energy to transform society and industry through training, research and innovation. It aims to be the leading French higher education and research institution in this field on an international scale. With 290 researchers and permanent lecturers, 1000 publications and 18 M€ of contracts, it supervises 2300 students each year and its training courses are based on cutting-edge research carried out within 6 joint research units: GEPEA, IRISA, LATIM, LABSTICC, LS2N and SUBATECH.
IMT Atlantique is seeking a technical project manager for the H2020 European funded ASSISTANT project (3-years). The ASSISTANT (LeArning and robuSt deciSIon SupporT systems for agile mANufacTuring environments) consortium is composed of eleven academic and industrial partners
combining key skills in artificial intelligence, optimization, manufacturing, industrial engineering, edge computing and robotics. ASSISTANT aims to create intelligent digital twins through the joint use of machine learning (ML), optimization, simulation and domain models. The resulting tools will design and operate complex collaborative and reconfigurable production systems based on data collected from various sources such as IoT devices. ASSISTANT will experiment this methodology on a significant panel of use cases selected for their relevance in the current context of the digital transformation of production in major manufacturing sectors undergoing rapid transformations like energy, industrial equipment, and automotive sectors which already make extensive use of digital twins. ASSISTANT targets a significant increase in flexibility and reactivity, product/process quality, and in the robustness of manufacturing systems, by integrating human and machine intelligence in a sustainable learning relationship.
The Technical Manager will assist the coordinator (IMT Atlantique) in monitoring and integrating the technical work on the project. S/He will work in close collaboration with the coordinator. The Technical Manager will be employed by and for the project and will be responsible for:
• Supervising and contributing to the design, development, and implementation of the deliverables.
• Monitoring project progress: quality and conformity of deliverables, milestone achievement;
• Managing risks: the Risk table will be regularly updated to define and implement preventive and/or corrective actions;
• Preparing the periodic and final reports in collaboration with the coordinator, the Management Support Office and partners for review meetings;
• Communication activities: (a) Producing a regular information letter to remind partners about upcoming deadlines; (b) Developing and maintaining internal and external information flows via contact lists, extranet, etc;
• Providing specific templates and tools associated with guidelines to the partners in order to track the progress of the project: (a) Providing the project’s templates with a dedicated graphical style: Excel files for budget tracking and follow-up, attendance sheet, agenda, minutes, PowerPoint presentations, deliverables, reports, etc.; (b) Setting up and monitoring score boards: planning per activity and tasks, deliverables and contractual reports follow-up, partners’ efforts and incurred expenses. Gantt charts will be used to monitor WPs and task timings. This tool will track delays or advances in the work and help ensure that project objectives are achieved within the defined time frame.
• Organizing and leading technical meetings; Preparing and sending invitations; Preparing the agenda; Preparing PowerPoint presentations; Writing and disseminating minutes;
• Playing an interface role between the administrative division of IMT Atlantique and the project (Financial Affairs Department, Communication department, etc.)
• Building the community and coordination of the consortium
• Establishing contact with the AI and manufacturing communities to create synergies with the ASSISTANT project.
The job will be located on the campus of IMT Atlantique in Nantes, France, and will be part of the DAPI (Automation, Production and Computer Sciences Department). The project technical manager will also interact very frequently with the members of the ASSISTANT consortium and will travel around Europe 4 or 5 times a year.