ABOUT TELECOM SUDPARIS
Telecom SudParis is a public graduate school for engineering, which has been recognized on the highest level in the domain of digital technology. The quality of its courses is founded on the scientific excellence of its faculty and on teaching techniques that emphasize project management, innovation and intercultural understanding. Telecom SudParis is part of the Institut Mines-Telecom, the number one group of engineering schools in France, under the supervision of the Minister for Industry. Telecom SudParis with Ecole Polytechnique, ENSTA Paris, ENSAE Paris and Telecom Paris are co-founders of the Institut Polytechnique de Paris, an institute of Science and Technology with an international vocation.
Its assets include: a personalized course, varied opportunities, the no.3 incubator in France, an ICT research center, an international campus shared with Institut Mines-Telecom Business School and over 60 student societies and clubs.
The objective of the study is to draft a white paper, which will enable Institut Mines Telecom - Telecom SudParis (IMT/TSP) to foresee the research and development challenges and the future and expected quantum communications, with a focus on QKD (Quantum Key Distribution) advances and applications to legacy and future networks. This study should take into account the work already in progress in the IMT education and research centers. There is already an SRA study in house.
The new and extended study will focus on:
The successful candidate, at the end of his mission, will provide a report containing the elements mentioned in 1 accompanied by an "executive summary" and positioning proposals for IMT/TSP. The candidate will also be able to make recommendations for partnerships, taking into account the QKD ecosystem discovered during the study.
*The central focus will be on a French and European panorama as much as possible. “Non-Eu” analysis/context/elements/information will be conducted on a best-effort basis.
- To make a study, a research
- Write a paper, a report containing the elements mentioned in 1 which will be accompanied by an "executive summary" and positioning proposals for IMT/TSP
- Make partnership recommendations taking into account the QKD ecosystem discovered during the study
Level of training and/or experience required:
- 20 years of experience in telecom and IT technologies, ideally in Sourcing/procurement or in strategy
Essential skills, knowledge and experience:
- Knowledge of the IT and Telecom markets as well as its players
- Experience in intelligence / technology watch
- Knowledge of the emerging QKD market: The technology itself, the players
- Knowledge of how start-ups work
Abilities and Skills:
- Writing ability
- Strategic vision
Additional information and application
- Application deadline: July 31, 2022
- Nature of the contract: CDD 12 months
- Category and profession of the position: II - R, Research and development engineer
- The positions offered for recruitment are open to all with, on request, accommodations for candidates with disabilities
- Employment open to public service contractors