Post-Doctoral position in Stochastic processes-based models for distributed ledgers: towards increased security and better performance - 24 month contract
Présentation of IMT Atlantique :
IMT Atlantique, internationally recognized for the quality of its research, is a leading general engineering school under the authority of the Ministry of Industry and Digital Technologies, ranked in the 3 main international rankings (THE, SHANGAI, QS). With three campuses in Brest, Nantes and Rennes, IMT Atlantique aims to combine digital technology and energy to transform society and industry through training, research and innovation.
Job environment :
The Maths&Net research team works on designing, describing, managing, securing and controlling various aspects of operators' communication networks. In a layered model, we are at the network layer (IP) level and above. Among the tools and methods used, we rely on stochastic models and algorithms to capture the high variability of such networks, as well as on game theory models that are particularly well suited to modeling distributed systems involving different interacting actors.
One of our main research axes nowadays is the analysis of distributed systems, aiming to improve their performance and security.
The subject will be tailored according to the successful candidate's profile and preferences, within :
- Stochastic modelling of the evolution of the register
- Theoretical characterisation of performance metrics of the register
- Learning performance metrics of the DAG, based on self obtained data from our testbed and from publicly available data.
- Design of distributed algorithms for convex optimization, allowing faire and robust-to-security attacks control access mechanisms
- Implementation of proposed or existent access control mechanisms within our testbed
3. Training and skills
Knowledge & Skills
To be adapted according to the subject :
- Solid mathematical background (in particular stochastic processes, countable Markov chains, distributed convex optimization) or Knowledge and experience on AIML methods and their implementation (using for instance python, pyTorch, OpenAI Gym)
It will also be appreciated some experience or knowledge in networking and network security
- Good communication skills, excellent written English skills.
- Motivated, inquisitive and self-driven
Eligible candidates must have spent at least 18 months outside France during the period spanned between May the 1st 2019 and the project’s kick-off.
- 49 days of annual leave and time off
- Partial telecommuting possible
- Public transport paid for
- Sustainable mobility package (for carpooling or cycling)
- Family supplement
- Wide range of social benefits
Additional information and application
- Application deadline : November the 28th, 2022
- Start of contract : february 2023
- Type of contract : Fixed-term contract under public law
- Duration of the contract : 24 months,
- Geographic location : IMT Atlantique - 655 Av. du Technopôle, 29280 Plouzané
- Project : Improving the security and performance of distributed registers based on acyclic directed graphs.
- The positions offered for recruitment are open to all with, upon request, accommodations for candidates with disabilities
- Hierarchical Category: Category II trade P of the LMI management cadre
- For more information, please contact : email@example.com
- Resume with list of publications
- Cover letter
- Names and emails of referees that may be contacted
- More (complete)