IMT Atlantique, internationally recognised for the quality of its research, is a leading general engineering school under the aegis of the Ministry of Industry and Digital Technology, ranked in the three main international rankings (THE, SHANGHAI, QS).
Located on three campuses, Brest, Nantes and Rennes, IMT Atlantique aims to combine digital technology and energy to transform society and industry through training, research and innovation. It aims to be the leading French higher education and research institution in this field on an international scale. With 290 researchers and permanent lecturers, 1000 publications and 18 M€ of contracts, it supervises 2300 students each year and its training courses are based on cutting-edge research carried out within 6 joint research units: GEPEA, IRISA, LATIM, LABSTICC, LS2N and SUBATECH.
The Department of Energy Systems and Environment (DSEE) of IMT Atlantique is based on the Nantes campus. It has a staff of about 70 people, including 20 permanent lecturers-researchers, 6 engineers and technicians as well as 3 administrative staff, doctoral students, research engineers and post-doctoral students. The department is part of the UMR CNRS 6144 GEPEA developing research in process engineering applied to bio-resources and eco-technologies through 3 research teams: Traitement Eau Air Métrologie (TEAM), Valorisation Energie/matière des Résidus et Traitement des Emissions (VERTE), and Optimisation - Système - Energie (OSE). Furthermore, in 2014, the department has set up a technological platform (named PREVER) for Research and Studies on the Energy Valorisation of Residues.
As for its teaching activity, DSEE is in charge of two in-depth study tracks related to Energy and Environmental Transitions (TAF TEE and TEE*) and holds a Master of Science PM3E (Project Management for Environmental and Energy Engineering) which is one of the cornerstones of the European Erasmus Mundus ME3+ (Management and Engineering of Environment and Energy +) programme.
DSEE is recruiting an Erasmus Mundus project officer/manager for a 2-year renewable fixed-term contract to assist the ME3+ programme coordinator.
The person recruited will be integrated into DSEE. As part of the training, he/she will be more specifically in charge of assisting the ME3+ programme coordinator in her management, facilitation and coordination tasks. In particular, he/she will participate in the following missions :
- Selecting and recruiting students internationally (managing the receipt of applications, evaluating applications, coordinating with the ME3+ European consortium, interfacing with the company managing the recruitment platform, etc.).
- Organisation and monitoring of a teaching semester (management, validation and monitoring of internships, preparation of CV books and brochures, organisation of oral defences and other events, etc.).
- Setting up the follow-up of the Alumni network (creation of the surveys and analysis of the results, Round Tables...) and management of the database.
- Coordination of the interfaces between the network of partners involved in the ME3+ programme (ME3+ consortium, academic, industrial or governmental partners, European Commission) and the other trainings of the School.
- Participation in ME3+ communication and dissemination activities.
- ME3+ website update.
The person recruited must have a Master's degree in the management of European projects or another Master's degree but if so, must be able to justify a first experience in the field.
Ideally, he/she should have strong skills in applied or transferable project management, particularly in the field of pedagogical management of teaching units and :
- should be fluent in English in an international context
- should have an excellent ability to integrate into a team as well as a group of international students and a developed sense of human relations.
- should have significant experience in database management.
A first experience in the field of teaching and pedagogical management of training products or units and a minimum level in French would be a plus.